On the west gallery of the Evangelical Lutheran St. Jacob's Church is the Holy Blood Altar,
a masterpiece of the famous sculptor Tilman Riemenschneider from Würzburg.
The altar was built in the years 1499 to 1505 on behalf of the Council of Rothenburg,
to the revered medieval Holy Blood relic worthy a framework to give.
This is kept in the capsule of rock crystal reliquary cross (circa 1270) about the shrine in the middle.
The Last Supper scene, among them is of great expressive power, Christ identifies the traitor Judas.
Johannes lies at the heart of his master.
The wings show the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem (left) and his prayer in Gethsemane (right).
The altar of Our Lady (circa 1520) in the north aisle of St. Jacob is taken by an unknown master,
probably from the Riemenschneider school. The Shrine: Mary's coronation, in the predella:
the death of Mary, on the wings: Anna Selbtritt and Mary with child.