Philae is currently an island in the reservoir of the Aswan Low Dam, downstream of the Aswan Dam and Lake Nasser, Egypt.
Philae was originally located near the expansive First Cataract of the Nile River in southern Egypt, and was the site of an Ancient Egyptian temple complex.
These rapids and the surrounding area have been variously flooded since the initial construction of the Old Aswan Dam in 1902.
The temple complex was later dismantled and relocated to nearby Agilkia Island as part of the UNESCO Nubia Campaign project,
protecting this and other complexes before the 1970 completion of the Aswan High Dam.
South of the small Temple of Hathor and as these located on the eastern shore of the island
is the Trajan's Kiosk. With it, an east-west axis procession was created
by the island shore to the main temple.
It consists of 14 connected by means of intermediate walls columns
with bell-shaped Papyruskapitellen under a revolving epistyle,
which once was a wooden structure to support a tent roof.
On the eastern terrace with river processions the sacred bark
with the statue of the goddess Isis arrived.